Our good friend and whisky veteran, Mr Hideo Yamaoka is visiting from Japan! We couldn't pass up on this opportunity to host him in an epic whisky tasting that is never to be repeated. Yamaoka san started his whisky journey in 1984, but his passion didn't really kick off until the late 80's. In these 40 years, Yamaoka san would have tried countless legendary bottlings, selected numerous numbers of casks for his private bottling, and translated quite a few whisky books into Japanese. Many of the recent bottings that he has done were done under the Whisky Mew labels.
We are absolutely thrilled to showcase 6 private bottlings that Yamaoka san has selected personally. 3 of them are Scottish and 3 of them are Japanese single malts. Needless to say, these bottlings, especially the Japanese ones are already going for insane prices in the auctions. But whisky is for drinking and sharing, so here you go! Don't miss out on this opportunity to meet Yamaoka san, listen to his stories and taste the amazing barrels that he has selected.
In this tasting:
6 x 15ml
1) Kanosuke "Ghost Series #16" 2018/2022 3yo Finished in Chardonnay Barrique #20081 271 Btls, 58%
2) Mars Tsunuki "Ghost Series #17" 2017/2022 4yo Bourbon Cask #T431, 61%
3) Ichiro's Malt for Whisky Mew 2013/2022 8yo Matured in Usagida Winery Merlot Cask #9647, 62%
4) Whisky Mew "Hokuto no Ken - Kenshiro" Teaninich 1999/2019 20yo Butt #16 240 Btls, 47.1%
5) Whisky Mew "Hokuto no Ken - Raoh" Glentauchers 1997/2019 22yo Barrel #3859 193 Btls, 51.8%
6) The Taster Selected by Hideo Yamaoka Secret Highland 1985/2021 35yo Hogshead #3070 131 Btls, 46.6%
When: Tuesday, 15th of November 2022
Time: 6pm - 7.30pm
Where: The Elysian Whisky Bar
Price: $140 for 6 x 15ml
Limited seats available, so don't miss out and grab a ticket now!