Springbank is also famous for being the only distillery in Scotland that malts all their own barley on their malting floors. Three distinctive single malts with different styles are produced at the distillery. Springbank is distilled 2.5 times at 12-15ppm; Longrow is distilled twice at 50-55ppm; and Hazelburn is distilled three times and is unpeated.
The flavours of the whiskies produced at Springbank distillery is truly of a unique one. Many a times, the flavour is simply described as a "Campbeltown funk". So join us, as we explore 6 very special expressions of Springbanks and discuss what makes Springbanks so amazing.
On tasting :
- Hazelburn 2004/2019 14yo Oloroso Cask Matured, 9900 Btls, 49.3%
- Springbank 2000 15yo Single Oloroso Cask #651 for the 10th Anniversary of Premium Scotch Importers, 276 Btls, 48.3%
- Cadenhead's Springbank 2001/2021 19yo Bourbon Barrel, 204 Btls, 50.1%
- Forgotten Gems Springbank 22yo, Madeira & Sherry Butts, 56 Btls, 48.7%
- Springbank Florentine's 1993/2017 24yo Fresh Sherry Cask No. 409, 544 Btls, 49%
- Longrow 2007/2020 12yo Single Fresh Sauternes Hogshead, 264 Btls, 56.9%
Let's taste these 6 amazing expressions of Springbank, and discuss its uniqueness and quirkiness. As usual, spaces are extremely limited, don't miss out!
When: Wednesday, 14th of June 2023
Time: 6pm - 7.30pm