North Star Spirits is not a new name in the Independent Bottling world anymore. North Star now has a massive fan base and following here in Australia, following many many excellent releases. The brand was created by Iain Croucher, former AD Rattray Brand Ambassador. Utilising his experience, skills, and some good connections, he has managed to source some amazing barrels of whiskies. His releases have already created lots of hype and attention. We at The Elysian Whisky Bar has hosted a tasting for every single series of whiskies released by Iain so far, so join us to taste the newly arrived Series 11 & 12! We have managed to get Iain and Ciara to join us all the way from Scotland to present the whiskies to us. Series 11 &12, despite just arriving in Australia is mostly sold out.
There are 2 options for this tasting:
Option 1 : 6 x 15ml for $90
1) NS Glen Spey 2006/2020 14yo Refill Hogshead Finished in Oloroso, 247 Btls, 59.1% RRP$145
2) NS Lynch Isle (Clynelish) 2000/2020 20yo Sherry/Portuguese Brandy Finish, 693 Btls, 53.3% RRP$295
3) NS Bunnahabhain 2009/2020 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt, 630 Btls, 52.3% RRP$308
4) NS Caol Ila 2009/2020 11yo 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt, 410 Btls, 58.2% RRP$154
5) NS Vega Batch 7 2000/2020 20yo European & American Oak Barrels, 600 Btls, 43.5% RRP$150
6) NS Springbank Triple Distilled (Hazelburn) 1998/2020 22yo Sherry Hogshead, 230 Btls, 46% RRP$983
Option 2 : 8 x 15ml for $210
The whiskies in Option 1 with the addition of
7) NS Springbank 1994/2020 25yo Refill Hogshead, 270 Bottles, 48.5% RRP$1173
8) NS Springbank Peated & Double Distilled (Longrow) 1994/2020 25yo Refill Bourbon Hogshead, 130 Btls RRP$2039
When: Monday, 19th of April 2021
Time: 8pm - 9.30pm AEST (Melbourne)
Where: At the comfort of your own home, tasting done via ZOOM
Tickets are extremely limited, so don't miss out and grab yours now!
We will attempt to secure some bottles for sale after the tasting, but there is no guarantee that we will have any.