North Star Spirits is not a new name in the Independent Bottling world anymore. North Star now has a massive fan base and following here in Australia, following many many excellent releases. The brand was created by Iain Croucher, former AD Rattray Brand Ambassador. Utilising his experience, skills, and some good connections, he has managed to source some amazing barrels of whiskies. His releases have already created lots of hype and attention. We at The Elysian Whisky Bar has hosted a tasting for every single series of whiskies released by Iain so far, so join us to taste the newly arrived Series 14 (some of you might remember that the last series was Series 12, yes, Iain is superstitious like that lol)! Iain and Ciara will be joining us all the way from Scotland to present the whiskies to us. As usual, bottles are highly sought after and mostly allocated or sold out. A link to the bottleshop has been included here for the few bottles that we have managed to secure.
In this tasting:
6 x 15ml
1) NS Auchroisk 2006/2021 14yo, Refill Hogshead/Oloroso Finish, 264 Btls, 56.3% RRP$162
2) NS Blair Athol 2006/2021 14yo Refill Hogshead Finished in Mezcal for 14 Months, 72 Btls, 51.1% RRP$155
3) NS Bruichladdich (Lochindaal) 2010/2021 10yo, Refill Barrel, 288 Btls, 53.5% RRP$360
4) NS Glasgow Distillery 2016/2021 5yo, Hogshead/ Finished in Oloroso for 1 Year, 358 Btls, 51.5% RRP$220
5) NS Loch Lomond (Croftengea) 2007/2021 13yo, Refill Hogshead, 255 Btls, 49.5% RRP$175
6) NS Super Sonic Mach 4 2013/2021 8yo, Matured in Sherry Butts, 716 Btls, 46% RRP$155
When: Monday, 30th of August 2021
Time: 8pm - 9.30pm AEST (Melbourne)
Where: At the comfort of your own home, tasting done via ZOOM
Tickets are extremely limited, so don't miss out and grab yours now!
Only a few of the bottles are available for purchase, so check them out here